RESCUE & SHELTER RESOURCES
Compiled & Updated by Michael Mandaville
BUILD YOUR TEAM
- •Simple Online Volunteer scheduling system
- •Quick and Easy – uses checkboxes for availability.
- •Auto Logins
- Uses drop down lists for each position and ordered names
- Volunteer portal
- Automated Schedule Reminders – A real plus in today's busy world.
- Report Customization – analyze your volunteer patterns
- Free Software application
- Simple Intuitive interface
- Automated Planner
- Manage ‘Employees' scheduling-availability, days off, etc.,
- Email Schedule to Employees directly.
- 100% FREE
- Build Schedules quickly and easily.
- Any phone can be Time Clock to track and analyze volunteer time.
- Communications – a collaborative environment to increase your efficiency in conversations.
- Task Management – add tasks to shifts to keep employees busy and get things done.
- Used by Universal, Subway, Amazon, AMC, UPS Store and more.
- Again, it's FREE.
This website helps you, the Organization head or manager, to get more skills for managing volunteers. Click here for a FREE guide.
A great list so I copied it here with attribution. Use it when people ask “So what can I do?' Maybe as a text or quick email. Encouragement comes in many directions.
10 WAYS TO HELP YOUR LOCAL SHELTER OR RESCUE
Animal shelters and rescues are amazing! Usually with limited resources and very little publicity, they help untold numbers of animals and people. Give back by choosing one or more of the following ways to show your appreciation for the groups that do so much for animals, people and your community.
1. Adopt a pet
If you’ve been thinking that it’s time to add a pet to your family, consider adopting from a local shelter or rescue group. Search for available cats and dogs near you at the Shelter Pet Project. Be sure to find out from the group you are considering adopting from what their adoption process is like and, if it doesn’t feel right to you, move on to another local group.
Every animal shelter and rescue organization has bills to pay and your generous monetary donation will be gratefully accepted. Donations may be used to help cover the costs of daily operations, supplies, staff training, animal housing upgrades, community outreach programs, animal enrichment and much more.
Even if you can’t adopt a pet just now, you can help make life better for animals in your community by volunteering with your local shelter or rescue organization. Do you have experience as a carpenter or electrician? Are you a marketing or dog walking whiz? All of these skills are valuable! Or be open to learning something new that is needed, such as trap-neuter-return for unowned cats.
4. Say thanks
Take a minute to express your gratitude to the people who work at your local shelter or rescue groups. Did you adopt a pet from one of them? Did they provide affordable spay/neuter? Perhaps they helped reunite you with your lost pet or provided behavioral advice that made it possible for your pet to stay in your home. Give them a shout-out on social media, drop off lunch or cookies for the staff and/or mention to municipal leadership what a value they bring to your community.
5. Become a fan
Like and follow your local animal shelters and rescue groups on Facebook, then invite your friends and family to like and follow them too. Also like and follow the Shelter Pet Project, which directs people seeking to adopt a cat or dog to their local shelters and rescues. Engage by sharing and commenting on posts.
6. Get crafty
Combine fabric, recyclables and imagination to bring much needed fun into the lives of local shelter and rescue pets. You can fashion cage curtains to help shelter cats get some privacy (and stay healthy) or play matchmaker by creating attention-grabbing “Adopt-Me” vests to spotlight available pets at adoption events held by shelters and rescues.
7. Make wishes come true
Shelters and rescue groups always need towels, toys and other supplies. Check their websites for wishlists; if they don’t have one, call them to find out what's in short supply and offer to create an online wishlist for them.
8. Become a foster
The value of fosters can't be overrated. They can be lifesavers for pets who can't adapt to shelter life, those who need to be nursed back to health and orphaned kittens who need someone to step in for their mom (or whose needs are beyond what busy shelter staff can often provide).
Foster homes are the backbone of many rescue groups—without a strong network of foster providers, rescue groups simply could not take in as many animals. Foster homes can also become adoption ambassadors to friends, family and colleagues who otherwise may not visit the shelter. If you already have pets of your own, fostering is also often very fun for the resident pet.
9. Help at your own home
Make the jobs of shelters and rescues easier: Outfit your cats and dogs with collars and proper ID (a microchip and ID tags) at all times. As soon as you bring them into your family, have all of your pets spayed or neutered. Keep your cats indoors, where you can keep them safe (though it's great to take them on walks if they are comfortable on a harness and leash or provide them a catio for safe outdoor enrichment) and keep dogs on leashes when off your property.
10. Help your shelter make positive changes
The work your local shelter does may be hindered by an outdated animal control ordinance or, for municipal shelters, an inadequate budget. You can help by rallying support from your elected officials and working with shelter and rescue leaders to make necessary changes. If you see or hear anything at your local shelter that concerns you, follow our guidelines for addressing that concern in the most effective way.
BUILDING YOUR EMAIL LIST
GRAPHICS FOR FLYERS
- 8,000+ free templates
- 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more)
- Hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics
- Best graphic design software for beginners
- 1,000,000+ premium images
- 15,000+ templates
- Template options for both print and social media
- Affordable and scalable pricing
- Custom template resizing and other free personalization capabilities
- With an astounding image archive of over 65 million files, 12,000 templates, and hundreds of fonts, Crello is a frontrunner for most professional graphic design software option on the list. With expertly created templates that can be customized in a simple and streamlined way, Crello makes designing enjoyable.
- Professional graphic design software quality that’s still easy to use for beginners
- An extensive and unparalleled library of free images, fonts, templates, and animations
- Features a gallery of design formats and themed collections to stimulate creativity and inspiration
- Help resources, tutorials, and how-to guides
- A high-value Pro option at an affordable price
- THE FREE VERSION INCLUDES
- 1 Standard donation page
- Manage causes
- Email campaigning
- Social media campaigning
- Auto notifications and receipts
- Email support
CBD – Pet Links
- Go to the Affiliate Page
- Sign Up
- Tell Friends, Family & Associates
- Get Paid for sales from your Rescue and Shelter
Click here for more information today!
Rockin' Rescue is one our favorite places because they help animals in need big time.
Animal shelters care for animals needing protection, attempt to find homes for homeless animals, and reunite lost pets with their owners. When necessary, animal shelters give homeless or unadoptable animals a humane death. Today’s shelters range from single rooms with multiple cages to state-of-the-art facilities with amenities that may rival some hotels. The “luxury” features, like ambient music and waterfalls, serve to reduce the animals’ stress and to make the shelter more inviting, which increases the chances that the animals at the shelter will find a new home.
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” –Josh Billings
Keep in Touch!
Helping People Live a Happy, Healthy Balanced Life
9108 South Bay Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819